[geeks] Seriously?

Nathan Raymond nraymond at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 23:16:17 CDT 2014

On Jul 24, 2014, at 10:06 AM, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:

> A one terabyte notebook HD in a case would likely be just as fast, a bit
> larger, and one-tenth the price.
>
> I understand paying a premium for smaller, but that's insane - I an
> hard-pressed to figure out why, outside of a Hollywood spy thriller, anyone
> would need such a thing/justify the expense.

There are useful reasons for some people.  The Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema
Camera, which is pretty small, can shoot in lossless compressed CinemaDNG RAW
1920x1080 30p video, which is in excess of 45MB/sec.  That will fill up
storage fast, and if you want to edit that video on the road, I can see a
high-speed thumb drive coming in handy.