[geeks] Good, cheap GPS?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Feb 28 01:40:34 CST 2014

Am 27.02.14 14:45, schrieb William Enestvedt:
> If you want a handheld, buy a used yellow Garmin Etrex or something.
Make sure it is an "Etrex H". There are two versions of the yellow
Etrex: The older version without H has an old receiver chip, that
doesn't work in the woods or asphalt jungle. The newer version with the
H has a much more sensitive receiver. I bought an Etrex H new 6 years
ago. Its position is still more exact then a newish smart phone. I did a
lot of OpenStreetMap mapping with my Etrex H.

If you need a handheld that just displays position the yellow Etrex _H_
is the thing you want.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen