[geeks] Today's find in the basement

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 10:25:21 CST 2014

Hello all,

Today I bumped into two new-in-box, never used Tyan ATX MB, model S5162 - what
makes this MB neat/interesting is that it has not only a PCI-E, 2x PCI slots
and dual on- board Intel Gigabit NICs but it also has 3x PCI-X slots.

It takes a socket 775 CPU (see vendor site for supported CPU list) and has 4x
DDR2 memory slots.

I'm on the fence, is this something anyone here would be interested in?

ftp://ftp.tyan.com/datasheets/d_s5162_100.pdf

They were bought to be built- out as VM servers a few years ago, but I never
got around to it... If interested, contact me off-list.

Thanks,

Lionel