[geeks] Wanted: 2 4G DDR2/PC2-5300 SODIMMs for a Thinkpad T61p

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 10:23:56 CST 2014

It depends on what the chipset in the laptop can support, then if the BIOS
allows you to take advantage of the ability of the chipset. It isn't uncommon
for the BIOS to limit what the hardware supports.

I've also seen manuals for PC motherboards that say higher density RAM modules
should/will be supported, but suitable pieces weren't available in the market
to confirm...

Lionel