[geeks] Help needed with Sun V65x

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Mon Feb 17 23:36:39 CST 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 09:49:01PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was hoping to install Solaris on this V65x I cane across, but the only
> ISOs I can find are either DVDs (Solaris 10) or CD-ROMs for a version of
> Solaris my hardware doesn't support (Solaris 11.1)...
>
> Is there such a thing as Solaris 10 install CD-ROM? Is an ISO available?

No, they have moved to DVDs only AFAIK.

> I tried USB DVD drives, no go. I tried swapping the internal CD with a DVD
> drive, no go. (HW not even recognized by BIOS)...

If you can boot from USB on that box you can do a USB install. I did one on
a white box PC recently because they dropped the CD/DVD driver support for
the box I wanted it on. If you want to try this, contact me offline and I'll
go scrounging for the links and info.

> Any pointers would be great, for now I am limited to OS I have CDs for,
> nothing off DVD...

If you decide you don't want to run S10 on that box then OpenBSD would be a
good choice.