[geeks] Old hardware cut-off

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Feb 17 13:09:22 CST 2014

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014, Joshua Boyd wrote:

>>> Since its OS is an embedded Debian Linux, I'd be pretty surprised if
>> it
>>> couldn't.  I'm now actually considering the lowest-priced
>> rack-mountable
>>> EdgeRouter myself.
>>>
>>> I wonder if it'll run OpenBSD...?
>>
>> Hopefully! The Linux netatack is horribly suited for...well...anything.
>> Especially routing.
>
> FWIW, it actually runs Vyatta, which replaces some portion of the normal Linux networking with its own.  I'm not sure how deeply the changes go.  Iptables are gone though.

I was gonna fiddle with Vyatta again...but I decided against it after they
wouldn't stop calling me on the phone. I must've forgotten to uncheck a
box...

Mind...I never actually ANSWERED their calls...

Iptables being gone is a very good thing.

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects