[geeks] Old hardware cut-off

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Mon Feb 17 11:37:55 CST 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 12:26:17PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 02/17/14 12:22, microcode at zoho.com wrote:
> > In the meantime unless I win the lottery or somebody in my family marries
> > into the shipping business I am looking for RAM sticks for Sun Fire V210s
> > and V440s and 146G Ultra 320 SCSI drives. Also would be interested in some
> > Sun Rays if they're cheap enough.
>
> What spec RAM?  I have some surplus RAM around.

Every time I think I know somebody points out I'm wrong about this. That
said, I believe it is PC2100 ECC and I know mine are all CL2 because last
time I looked I could only find CL 2.5 which is supposed to slow down the
whole bank. We do have a few (possibly former) Sun hardware guys and
sysadmins on the list so hopefully they will chime in and correct me again
if necessary.

With the obp version these have I think they can also use PC2700 but I am
not sure. And I am looking for at least 1G sticks, 2G would be better.

Do you have anything that might be suitable?

Thanks.