[geeks] Old hardware cut-off

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 10:53:59 CST 2014

I think my P4 desktops are going to a church rummage sale (if they'll take
them)... We have put the question to the folks in charge of the sale,
hopefully they will take them.

I have yet to look at my old Sun kit, is anyone interested in these bits? My
head is spinning as I add up a decade plus of basement stuffing I did with
this stuff - at my worst I picked up an entire van load of Sun HW, from
SS5-U2, with a bunch of external HDs, CDs, and tape drives...

I have, for instance, just bumped into a new Sun dual Xeon x86 rack server
(from the Dell PowerEdge 2650-era) that I did little more than boot up when I
got it...

I also have a couple quad core Sun systems (cycle quad and some other 'E450 in
desktop box'system) that I just never got around to... (Not to mention an
actual E450!)

The distractions are mounting!

For now I'm having some fun working on my 'cluster in a box' Dell 3 blade
system... I've just about got it squared away with documenting the HW and
configuring the OS...

Lionel