[geeks] Old hardware cut-off

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Mon Feb 17 08:25:40 CST 2014

On 02/17/14 04:12, Cory Smelosky wrote:
> My problem with Mikrotik gear is RouterOS. I'd much rather have FreeBSD.

I haven't used RouterOS and have no experience on it.  But yeah, this is
a job for which I *like* OpenBSD.  I was soured on FreeBSD the first
time I tried to install FreeBSD/Sparc on a U2, with no other machine
available I could serial-console, asked for help on usable console
settings for the Sun framebuffer, and was told more or less in so many
words, "We don't support Sun framebuffers [this on the *Sparc* port,
remember], and have no intention of ever doing so, so piss off."

> Sent from mobile device that advertises itself for no good reason

<grin>

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications