[geeks] Cluster in a box? Interesting item on offer at eBay

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Fri Feb 7 13:26:42 CST 2014

On 02/07/14 12:30, JP Hindin wrote:
> On the follow-up eMails I see people are talking about having it at home,
> in which case you're really running a different set of expectations. When
> the daffy thing is ~2500 miles away and you lose the ability to reset it
> or KVM into it, that's a real pain in the butt. (And Smart Hands in 60 Hud
> is expensive)
>
> In your basement, well, it's an inconvenience but a very different matter.

I'm certainly *tempted* by the idea of putting one in my rack.  just as
i was strongly *tempted* to offer a home for the V880.  But
realistically, further inflation of my already high monthly power bill
far, far outweighs any possible realistic practical use to which I could
put either.  I *already* have more compute cycles online than I can use.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net