[geeks] How to avoid counterfit gadgets?

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 07:48:03 CST 2014

If you look at the counterfeits coming out of China, you would have to
answer, bYesb.
I have seen the real and the counterfeit routers and, side by side, the
differences are easy to tell.  The reports indicate that internal
components are swapped with inferior components.  The untrained eye
wouldnbt notice the difference.

As for batteries, the USA has mandated the really bad stuff out of
batteries.  Stuff such as mercury.  USA batteries can be thrown in the
trash without harming the environment.  If China does not have these same
standards then these are mercury ridden products and the greatest risk is
disposing of these counterfeits the same as the USA standards batteries and
damaging the environment.

I have taken apart a counterfeit AA battery.  It was actually a AAA battery
inside the AA-size shell.  Since the counterfeit couldnbt delivered the
same amount of energy, I was defrauded.