[geeks] NVRAMs for Suns

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 11:56:44 CDT 2014

It's a CR2032 battery - cool, nothing to worry about.

Now I'm gonna make one last eBay search for RAM - it takes PC2700 Registered
ECC - it has 8 Gigs now (8x 1G sticks), I wish it would take the 6x 4G PC2100
Registered ECC RAM I have from an old Dell PE2450...

Eight Gigs in a a Sun Solaris box is a good place to be, as I recall, and with
dual Ghz CPUs and 4x SCSI cards I should be in good shape.

I tossed in a QFE because I had one in arm's reach, but now that I'm looking
at the back of this system I have 8 NICs plus net mgmt port... Seems like
over-kill.

Good. ;^)

Lionel