[geeks] SSD for MacBook Unibody

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Thu Apr 10 13:26:09 CDT 2014

On 04/10/14 14:12, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> I don't have any brand-specific non-recommendations. I've upgraded a
> Pro and an earlier plastic MacBook to an SSD with good results.
> Kingston and OCZ have been fine.

I've had a 50% failure rate on OCZs, but so far I have a 100% success
rate with Mushkin.  They also tend to be reasonably priced and perform well.

I have a couple of surplus 60GB Kingstons that I bought for a refit that
I ended up not using them for because the HP DL320 I was planning to
refit turned out to have a dead PCI-X slot.

And on that subject, I also have two perfectly good quad-port PCI-X
NICs, a Sun QFE and a new-in-box Intel quad EEPro/1000.  Anyone have any
use for either of them?  I'll never have a use for either again.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net