[geeks] Can't decide on an OS

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed Sep 25 10:39:47 CDT 2013

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013, Andrew Jones wrote:

> On 09/25/2013 11:28 AM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
>>
>> I generatelly judge it by its political debates and the large number of
>> FOSS prysetylisers.
>>

> Debian has vicious political debates in the open because it's a real honest
> to god democracy.  Democracy ain't always pretty.

Yup.  It is definitely not always pretty. ;)

> The FOSS proselytisation is a natural result of people putting their money
> where their mouth is.  If they believe that this is the future, so much so
> that they're willing to put weeks/months of volunteer labor into it, why
> would you expect them to be quiet about it?

Yeah, it's understandable.  I have no problem with those people...I have
more of a problem with the FSF and RMS.

(At LinuxFest the FSF were selling stickers for $1.50.  I was tempted to
ask the guy for the source...)

> You don't have to like these phenomena, but it's understandable how they
> arise in context.

Yeah.

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff