[geeks] Can't decide on an OS

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Sep 24 18:47:45 CDT 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013, William Barnett-Lewis wrote:

> On 09/24/13 18:17, geeks-request at sunhelp.org wrote:
>
>> From: Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net>
> Snips.
>
> Out of curiosity, which BSD are you thinking of going with? As long as
> all I have modern is this Acer Chromebook (which isn't too bad) I'm
> stuck with either ChromeOS or one of the Ubuntu variants. I can live
> with Xubuntu (though I'd love to put Free or Net on it) and with 8 gb I
> can live with it's quirks compared to the ancient Dell I was running.

I'm going with PC-BSD to save myself some time.  I also want to figure it
out so I can give back to that community and help adoption of FreeBSD For
The Rest of Us.

> I really need to get the floppy drive in my old Compaq laptop working so
> I can finish my SCO Xenix project :) I've got all the software just need
> to 1) get the hardware and then 2) set up a computer in the basement as
> a SLIP server to connect that old dog to the net. I want to hit Google
> with Lynx under Xenix & MGR ;)

Neat. ;)  I could never get Xenix to install in a simulator.  (Or was it
AIX for PS/2...)

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff