[geeks] Can't decide on an OS

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Sep 24 17:22:49 CDT 2013

> Assuming you have adequate RAM (8 Gig, at least 4 Figs as a personal
> minimum) and a recent CPU (like an Intel iSomething) OS X shouldn't
> be THAT bloated/slow, but it is a personal thing, [...]

Very much so, and Cory is hardly the most extreme in this regard.  For
me, if it isn't happy in 64M it's too bloated - and even that much is a
concession; 16M strikes me as a much more reasonable line.  (Indeed, I
have some machines whose hardware tops out at 16M.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org