[geeks] Can't decide on an OS

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Tue Sep 24 16:06:56 CDT 2013

Run an older OSX. Or, disable stupid things like system-wide search,
dashboard, and command center. Or switch to an ssd. Or add ram.

Jonathan Katz
Indianapolis, IN

> On Sep 24, 2013, at 4:44 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I've gotten too angry at OS X being too slow and bloated to the point I
needed to pick another one.  Windows is...windows I don't really think I need
to explain that.  Linux makes me tremendously angry due to how easily I can
break it along with all the politics involved (really, the distro I can stand
isn't installing for me).  The BSDs have lacklustre X support (especially on a
macbook pro).  CP/M isn't going to run quite right and I don't think FreeDOS
would support my hardware quite right.  Haiku isn't going to have the kind of
hardware support either.

> If I can swap out the MBP's wifi chip for an ath5k (ath9k eventually, but I
have an ath5k on hand I might be happier.)