[geeks] WTB: cheap 386 or 486 Laptop to run SCO

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 19:43:14 CDT 2013

On 10/28/13 17:39, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> Is the 386/486 a requirement, or would a Pentium classic also work? I
> have a pentium 75mhz, 8mb ram that would be free for shipping ( estimate
> $20). If a Pentium won't work for you, the offer is open to anyone. I'll
> try to check the floppy drive tonight.

My understanding is that some slower pentiums will work - there are
apparently timing loops in the WD drivers that fail on too fast of a
real Pentium even though it works in emulatiors. The P75 should still be
in the right range if the floppy is functional.

Can you tell me the brand and model so I can snoop around online for the
additional 8 mb of ram for it (that's the max thd 2.3.4 kernel can
address so I might as well try to have it!)

Thanks!

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.