[geeks] Thinning the herd

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Mon Oct 28 19:29:33 CDT 2013

All,

This was prompted by someone's request for an older laptop... I have
quite a few things looking for good homes. Shipping would be from
46219 (Indianapolis, IN, USA.) Not all of this is true "computer gear"
and it does include some electronics.

The stuff is essentially FFS, but I'd like small stipends for some of
it ($20-$25) on top if it isn't too much to ask.

Computers (Desktop, Tower, Servers):

HP DL580 G3 (4 Hyperthreaded CPUs show 8 cores.) 4GB or 8GB of RAM. 2x
internal 36G SCA disks with the internal RAID controller. This is
HEAVY. No rails. Runs everything, even Solaris x86 provided you
download the drivers for the RAID array. Includes ILO (on motherboard)
and a 2-port gigabit ethernet PCI card.

Sony Vaio Pentium 4 (shows 2 cores due to hyper threading) Includes
factory external speakers, keyboard and mouse. Should have 1-2GB of
RAM and a 500GB ATA drive. Has Windows XP License Sticker. Has some
kind of wireless PCI card.

Dell Optiplex GX270 Pentium 4 (shows 2 cores due to hyper threading)
Still good (I think this has the motherboard with good caps; if it
hasn't died yet, .....) I think I have a 1TB SATA drive in it. 2GB of
RAM. Bring your own keyboard and mouse. Has Windows XP License
Sticker. Has some kind of wireless PCI card.

AST Advantage Adventure 575. Includes AST logo mouse, keyboard, and
speakers. 40M of RAM. 8G drive, CD-ROM, 3.5" floppy. AMD 5x86 P-75 at
133Mhz. Running Windows 98(!). Although not a laptop, I'm sure by
throwing in a 3c509 PCI 10/100 card it would make an awesome Xenix or
NeXT/OpenStep workstation :^)

Laptops:

HP Pavilion ZV5000. 1.6Ghz AMD Athalon XP. 768M of RAM. 160G drive.
Works well EXCEPT that the hinge for the LCD screen has lost its
spring, so it is "floppy" and flops around. Includes laptop bag. Has
Windows XP License Sticker.

Compaq Presario R3000. Pentium 4 3Ghz (shows 2 cores due to hyper
threading). 384M 40G disk drive.  Works perfect. Includes laptop bag.
Has Windows XP License Sticker.

Computer Components:

Later-slype Apple 2 floppy controller (655-0101)
AMD Opteron CPUs; a matched pair of 280s
486 SX CPU.
SATA/SAS RAID setup (cards and backplane) for a Dell R410 server. This
includes a 4 slot backplane, option card, battery backup and cables.

RAM:
2x 512M PC2-4200
8x 1GB DDR PC3200 (matched)
2x PC3200 512M (non matched)
1x 256M PC2700 (DDR 333Mhz)
1x 256M PC2100 (DDR 266Mhz)
1x PC-133 512M
2x PC-100 ... not sure the size, not matched.
2x matched 32 pin SIMMs, no idea on size
6x assorted 72 pin SIMMs. No idea what sizes. No pairs; all individual!
1x 30 pin SIMM (no idea what it's from or what it is.)
2x Viking VE8721B8EN3-SN01 .. 64M sticks (EDO) for Sun AXi(?)

Computer Accessories:

HP Scanjet 4600 (flatbed USB scanner)
Asoka Plug Link ethernet adapters (matched set)
Microsoft wireless keyboard & mouse. Not bluetooth, but its own RF
wireless protocol and has a base that plugs in via USB. Works on
Windows or OSX.
Microsoft HD Webcam (snapchat, anyone?)
Various (used) 9 Track Tapes

Non-Computer/Electronics:
Verizon-based Motorola Droid 3 (will include USB charger)
Onkyo 5.1 surround sound TX-DS555
JVC 7.1 Surround Sound RX-D202
Series 2 TiVO (SD) [ essentially New In Box ]
Samsung DirecTV TiVO (SD)
Car-based 12V DVD player, Audiobahn AVDVD1P. Will play MP3 DVDs in
addition to everything else. Includes remote.
Sharp LC13AVUD small (13") LCD TV. Includes wall mount but no stand.
Includes remote.
Small Phillips DVD player. Includes remote.

-Jon