[geeks] Pentominos continued

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Mon Oct 28 11:01:09 CDT 2013

Deleted the posts since the math went over my head so sorry for screwing up
the threading after reconsidering.

Mouse, I am guessing you coded this in C given your C-guruness. Have you
tried / is it possible to apply some parallelization stuff like OpenMP to
make this faster? Do you have a multicore box to try it on?

If you would share your algorithm it might be interesting to see what other
people could come up with using other languages, tools etc. That is, if
you're still interested in brute-forcing this. If it was the math you're
after then get back to us after somebody gives you the equations ;-)
It will be a lot simpler to implement then!