[geeks] request for assistance

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Thu Oct 17 11:24:02 CDT 2013

On 10/17/2013 11:53 AM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I'll be spending a few hours tonight finishing the hardwiring-up of
> ethernet connections in every room of the Masonic lodge that I'm a
> member of, with all of the parts and materials (and the new $150
> router/AP) coming out of my pocket.

An important piece of context here is that you're a member of the lodge.
  You're part of the organisation.  Of course you volunteer your talents
-- I would be surprised if you didn't.

When not-for-profits and charities reach outside their member/donor
base, the context changes.  They often pay just barely below commercial
rates for services.