[geeks] Building a local IMAP server on OpenIndiana

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 05:29:50 CST 2013

Hi folks,

Due to the fact Mail in OS X Mavericks hates GMail (even after the patch) I am looking to make my mail storage more open so it's not locked in Mail. I can then use any IMAP friendly client to access my archived mail. It will also be stored on RAIDZ redundant storage in a ZFS filesystem to improve it's redundancy.

I am looking, therefore, to expand the capability of my HP Microserver to offer local IMAP storage. I need some advice on how to do it on OI though as I've only done it in Ubuntu in the past.

All advice greatly appreciated.

--
Mark Benson