[geeks] WTB: cheap 386 or 486 Laptop to run SCO

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 14:30:54 CST 2013

Well, we live and learn. The old Toshiba that I got from Joshua is
apparently too fast for the SCO floppy drivers. Must be some weird
timing loops but it is what it is & even a brand new floppy with the
boot disk from ftp.sco.com crc's out when I try to boot it with a
different "bad block" each time. The only suggestion I found online is
to turn off caching (CPU?) so I turned off the CPU cache but no difference.

SO I am still searching for a cheap 386 or 486 laptop now that we know
that 586 is too new for this project.

Thank you all.

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.