[geeks] RAID0+1 and ideas, etc...

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Nov 7 14:03:10 CST 2013

" From: Nick B <nick at pelagiris.org>
"
" Fusionio says "Don't mirror our cards, it's dumb", and in most cases they
" are right.

a guess - they have firmware support for mirroring, offloading the
host?

" Fairly frequently trying to mirror fusionio cards will result
" in a significant performance drop,

performance may not be jk's focus...

" and they are pretty darn reliable.

five-nines?  some situations need that.

" Is your use case so critical that the faint chance of data loss is a killer,
" while the likely loss of performance is acceptable?  (then why do you have
" fusionio cards?)
"
" Man that was worthless.  I suspect the customer has spent a lot of money on
" that third fusionio card, which will buy them next to nothing, but their
" approach will work fine for what it is.
" Nick
"
"