[geeks] I didn't know 747s ran Unix!

Sheldon T. Hall shel at artell.net
Sun Mar 10 18:37:13 CDT 2013

Quoth the Sandwich Maker ...

> oh yeah...  there's a big sandbox the dod and industry
> security wonks can play in, with mock scada etc. systems
> folks can red team / blue team, and gain practical experience
> in securing and defending systems.
>
> the medical record software most hospitals run is so wide
> open it had to be hardened when it was added to the sandbox,
> as it was too easy a target.

Having worked in the electronic medical records field, I can assure you that
all that stuff is completely secure.  At least on Unix.  Unless the attacker
knows exotic system commands like 'cat'.

However, I'm not as worried about my medical records as I am about someone
"tuning" the engines of the airplane I'm on ....

-Shel