[geeks] Speaking of Google Nexus - Is anyone else's as unreliable as ours?

Bryan Fullerton fehwalker at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 20:07:06 CDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM, JP Hindin <jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com> wrote:

> I bought my wife a Nexus 7 for Christmas and the thing spends more time
> sitting on the counter unused than it does being fiddled with. It seems
> like every time she wants to use it, it's complaining about having a flat
> battery, or it simply won't power on.

I preordered the Nexus 7. Mine worked great and I loved using it until I
dropped it less than 6" onto a wooden floor and the entire screen
shattered. After the fact I did some searches and found out that the Nexus
7 screen was not gorilla glass, unlike the Nexus 10, and is extremely prone
to breaking.

I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 as a replacement -- it's not as fast and
has all the Samsung goop, but it's design is less likely to cause a screen
crack on impact, and it's already survived a couple of drops like the one
that killed the Nexus 7. And it has a microSD slot. :)

Bryan