[geeks] Forwarding for a friend: Astronomical/telescope gear FS/FT

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sat Jun 22 20:05:38 CDT 2013

On 06/22/13 20:14, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Forwarding for a friend:
>
>    A Celestron C-11 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope, with no mount,
>    no tripod, and no eyepieces.  Its optics are pretty much perfect save
>    for one small water streak which can be (but shouldn't be) cleaned.

"Can be but shouldn't be"?  I'm curious.

>    It includes a 2" star diagonal and focusing hardware to accept 2"
>    eyepieces, and mounting rail for a Losmandy G-11 German equatorial
>    mount.  It also includes its original finder scope and mounting
>    hardware.  It also has a carrying case, but it's not a very impressive
>    one.  Asking $1200 plus shipping, pickup is fine, located in western
>    PA.  Will consider other offers.
>
>    Would trade outright for a functional HP 54120B oscilloscope with a
>    54121A or 54123A input module...I doubt anyone has one kicking
>    around, but it might make it possible for someone to do a credit
>    card deal, etc.
>
> Contact mcguire at neurotica.com if you're interested.

The Return of Dave McGuire!!!

I actually wouldn't mind having a good astronomical telescope, but I'm
not sure I can justify dropping $1200 on a telescope that I'd still need
to get a mount, tripod and eyepieces for, even though it's a great deal
on the telescope.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.