[geeks] server hosting… need to relocate my remote servers

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Jun 15 01:07:03 CDT 2013

On 13 Jun 2013, at 12:29 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I've found BYOD collocation to be a very appealing option. For $40-50/month
> you get either one minitower or 1-2u racked server, a power cord (up to 500
> watts), and a network drop with 5 unique IP addresses. The vendor I like is
Joesdatacenter.com ...

That's way too expensive for my small projects.

I pay $107.88 per year.

Maybe one day when I have a bit more toy money I'll do something like that,
definitely would be nice.

> Is $40/50 month in your price range?

See above, its a bit much right now.

Might be an interesting idea though, if shared with some friends and you
controlled your usage so that everyone got fair share.

Easier to do with a small number of people sharing, but then you lose the
thing if people drop out of the deal.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com