[geeks] server hosting… need to relocate my remote servers

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jun 12 20:21:11 CDT 2013

Hey guys,

I have used Hostmonster for a few years but while it has some positives, I'm
pretty unhappy with their performance. My sites, even simple Wordpress sites,
are pretty slow.

For static pages they are fine, but anything requiring CPU seems to just hit
the wall very quickly.

I have read they use all kinds of CPU throttling schemes to allow large
overselling margins.

When I contact their support, they usually are friendly, but I can't say they
solved the issue. Mostly they point out caching software and other tricks, but
it seems to me that trivial sites like mine should load almost instantly. They
just don't do much.

Anyway, relocation isn't fun but my stuff is small so not a big deal.

I'm looking for recommendations and happy stories.

Thanks.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com