[geeks] FS: 2.4b/g High Powered Wireless Router

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 21:55:21 CST 2013

Hey All, We're moving so I need to start down sizing.

I've got a cool little wireless router here. It is the O2 Link router
from Radio Labs.
http://www.radiolabs.com/products/wireless/networking/radiolabs/wireless-router.php

It's only 2.4B/G, but what is cool about it is that it's a high power,
1watt output router. Most home routers come in at half that, some of the
cheaper models don't even get that far. This gets you a stronger
wireless signal over a longer distance. I used it for about 12 hours
total, attached to this antenna here:
http://www.radiolabs.com/products/antennas/2.4gig/wireless-network-antenna.php

I could be about 90% down the length football field with full signal still.

The firmware on this is incredibly configurable, you can get a live demo
of it here: http://www.radiolabs.com/products/wireless/networking/firmware/

Unfortunately 90% of a Football field was not sufficient for my purposes
and I had to replace it with something even better. But for home use,
such a large older multi-story house this should work great.

$60 shipped in the Continental US.

--
Rick Hamell

Linkedin Profile - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/6/946/27