[geeks] Best Cheap Netbook?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 08:55:38 CST 2013

I thought of that last night as well - I skipped over your mention of using
Linux on your current laptop when I first read it.

Here's a link to a how-to install a version of Linux on a Celeron-based
Chromebook:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/12/how-to-install-ubuntu-on-acers-199-c7-chromebook/

Don't be put off by the Celeron CPU - it's an Ivy Bridge Celeron, and the
ability to kick the RAM up to 8 Gigs should make this a very capable
portable computer.

I'd like to hear more from anyone that has one of these devices running
something other than ChromeOS...

Lionel

--
Lionel Peterson