[geeks] Samsung ARM Chromebook

Sheldon T. Hall shel at artell.net
Wed Oct 31 15:38:08 CDT 2012

Quoth Bill Bradford ...

> Tablet is more "lying in bed goofing around reading and
> looking up stuff and playing scrabble".  If I'm doing
> anything that needs normal text entry, I want to be on a
> laptop of some sort.

I've got a keyboard/cover for my 10" Galaxy Tab, and the combination makes
an OK light-duty laptop.  The main drawbacks are that Android requires a lot
of screen-poking to select things and locate the cursor, and that the tablet
and the Bluetooth keyboard require two different chargers.  The various
Android apps seem to handle the usual run of stuff I get in e-mail,
browsing, etc.

The tablet/keyboard is certainly enough of a "solution" to use for a weekend
or more, and it's small and light.

-Shel