[geeks] HP Microserver N40L - Cheap 16 Gig option

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Oct 3 10:29:28 CDT 2012

On 10/03/12 09:11, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> For the several here that are running HP N40L microservers, I recently
> found a deal [0] on the particular RAM [1] that has been shown to be
> able to take the N40L to 16 Gigs of non-ECC RAM [2] - after all
> discounts and rebates, the kit is under $45.

And I am thus reminded that I really need to throw more RAM into my
new-to-me X2200M2.  8GB isn't really enough RAM for 8 Opteron cores.  It
limits available parallelism on memory-intensive tasks like compiles,
which is a bit of a problem since I'm tasking this machine as an
application/compute server.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.