[geeks] router[s] sought

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Nov 30 20:02:33 CST 2012

" From: John Francini <francini at mac.com>
"
" > there is that, though i think it'll be a while before i have any gig
" > gear.  i'm also old enough to have been at bell labs when we got
" > starlan [1mb], and jumping up from 9600 and 56k, we felt we were
" > riding rockets.
"
" Interesting. Nearly everything we have at home is gig gear:
"
" 3 Macs (which have been gig since 2002 or so)

hm.  in that case, my gf's emac and probably her corp-model pc, both
mid-'00s vintage, are gig.

my thinkpad isn't.  nothing else is as new.

6-odd years ago i wired my house with cat5e, not thinking ahead.