[geeks] Domain Registrars

Joost van de Griek gyorpb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 13:15:32 CST 2012

On 2012-03-05 20:07, Dan Sikorski wrote:

> An attempt to start a transfer of a .name domain failed immediately.  I may end up just letting that one expire and reregistering it once available if i need to.  I don't use the domain for anything currently, and it seems unlikely that anyone else would grab dansikorski.name before I got it reregistered.  Even if they did, it would not be the end of the world to me.

If it is currently registered with a sleazebag registrar (many^H^H^Host
are), chances are they'll squat it and try to squeeze you when you
attempt to reclaim it.

I've learnt the hard way, sometimes at great cost if the domain was
important, that most registrars are, in fact, sleazebags.

Currently all my domains (a few dozen) are currently registered with
DD24. They are based in Germany. So far, I've been very happy with them:
prices are fair and they haven't tried to extort or defraud me, so far,
which sadly is pretty much hallmark of an upstanding domain registrar,
these days.

.tsooJ