[geeks] cases with 5 hot swap drive bays

RichTea mail at catsnest.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 07:28:09 CDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Lionel Peterson
<lionel4287 at gmail.com>wrote:

> No, but it met every other criteria you listed...
>
> Lionel
>
> On Jun 10, 2012, at 4:01 PM, Shannon <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
>
> > Have you found a 5-bay version? That's what I want.

It has been mentioned on the list before but, The HP Microservers (i think
the N40L is the current version) Is a very nice little server, Its only got
4 drive cages but also has a bay for a "DVD drive" (a 5th sata port).
They say that it is not hot swap but a friend of mine has had no problems
hot swapping (I have not been brave enough to try!).
They are quite cheep in the UK ~ B#250 and you get a B#100 re-bait so B#150.
They are also low power they have a 150W PSU. you would also need some to
upgrade the memory as it comes with 2G, I also added a dule Gbit ethernet
card to mine as it come with just 1 built in.

Ritchie
--
<-- http://23.me.uk/2 -->
<--Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.  -->