[geeks] cases with 5 hot swap drive bays

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Jun 10 02:36:18 CDT 2012

I am thinking of adding a machine for storage, a NAS/SAN box.

It will be PC based as I can't think of much else cost effective.

I probably will run either Solaris or FreeNAS on it.

I want a contradiction, or as close as I can get: small, quiet, 5
hot-swap drive bays. Ideally it would also have somewhere to stuff a
small boot drive.

I wish there were more 2.5" SATA drives out there, so much easier...

Anyway, ideas appreciated.

Usage? This will do some network storage and also iSCSI for virtual
machines.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-keys which had a name of 0x5936BC24.asc]