[geeks] Opinions - Outdated technologies on Resume

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 12:23:06 CDT 2012

This is the most important thing - you should (ideally) customize your resume
for each opportunity.

My resume is a 'master' document that has too much detail on every position
I've held, and before I send my resume out I'll trim the descriptions for
unrelated positions as well as any technologies that are only mentioned in
unrelated position descriptions.

Having a catalog of technologies listed can be useful for getting past resume
scraping HR filters, but too many give the hiring manager excuses to not
consider you ('look at this guy, two-thirds of his technologies listed are
from CP/M days, has this fellow done anything this century?')

Lionel