[geeks] Opinions - Outdated technologies on Resume

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 23:49:47 CDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Rick Hamell <hamellr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been struggling with this for years. On one hand my area is pretty
> full of generalists, so I've always wanted to show off the breadth and
> depth of my knowledge to differentiate me from the crowd. "Sure you know
> Windows and Mac. But do you also know Solaris, Linux, *BSD, BeOS, AND
> AIX?

At my current job I got hired _because_ of stuff like this.  Which was
fine, because he was looking for a jack-of-all-trades who could learn
quickly.  And he was handling the job search himself - keeping HR out
of the gatekeeper role.

Maybe we need an optional 'Stuff I have learned but which is now
museum grade kit' entry.

--
Brian Dunbar

"Display some adaptability"