[geeks] Home Router Support

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 19:38:15 CDT 2012

Is there anyone in the business of setting up home routers for people
and managing them?

Got a friend in Green Bay.  I setup his router for him - a Linksys
WRT54.  A few weeks ago he was having issues (he lost the password)
and brother it was a chore walking him through resetting it over the
phone.

I really wanted to just login and fix things.  So much easier than
walking him through it on the phone: (okay, enter 127.0.0.1 in the
address bar ... the white space where you type in the URL .. no not
start - run ... okay first open Internet Explorer ..)

Made me wonder if there isn't someone making a living cranking out
(DD-WRT / Open-WRT / Whatever) on routers, then supporting them over
the net.

Heard of anything like that?

~brian

"Display some adaptability"