[geeks] Network software pointer

John Francini francini at mac.com
Tue Jul 3 05:15:00 CDT 2012

One way to keep Wireshark from getting too gorged on packets is to limit the size per packet. I find that limiting the packet capture size to the first 128 or 256 bytes keeps the bloat down. I do this because I usually don't care about the packet content so much as the packet headers.  And since most of the time at work I'm capturing iSCSI packets on a 9000-byte MTU network, things bloat up real fast without packet size limiting.

Sent from my iPad