[geeks] Seagate vendor-unique data?

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Thu Jan 26 12:04:03 CST 2012

>> (I found two PDF files, [...]; perhaps I missed something, but when
>> searching for "vendor" I didn't find anything useful.)
> Same here - searching for 'vendor' just returns a lot of sites who
> want to sell you hard drives.

I meant seaching for "vendor" within those PDFs.  I was looking for
documentation on the vendor-unique bits, under the assumption any such
text would contain "vendor".

> The SCSI manual (67517c.pdf) above says that ASC 0x80/ASCQ 0x00 means
> 'General Firmware Error Qualifier'.

Thank you; I missed that, probably because I was focusing on the
vendor-unique stuff.  However, as you say, it's not really a very
informative result.

I've swapped out the drive, on the grounds that even if it is OK, it's
causing trouble.  Sounds as though that was the right action.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org