[geeks] [rescue] little low-wattage servers

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:34:57 CST 2012

(moved over to Geeks from Rescue list)

My MicroServer arrived today, doing a test install of Windows Server
2008 R2 from a USB DVD, progressing fine.

Seems a bit snug inside, but it all fits and looks like it has decent airflow,

I wanted to up the memory, but I had a hard time with the "custom"
(AKA most-likely a standard connector I'm not familiar with) SATA data
connector, so I'm gonna leave the thing as-is for now and see how it
runs (noise, heat, etc). Anyone know the right way to remove that 4x
SATA connector from the MB? Squeeze and pull didn't quite do it, but I
may not have used enough force...

Also, it appears I need to supply my own SATA cable from the MB to the
optical bay on top, is that correct?

Now I need to figure out what to do with the copy of WHS2011 that
saved me $50 on the combo deal...
--
Lionel Peterson
lionel4287 at gmail.com