[geeks] Dahlgren

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jan 11 18:38:41 CST 2012

On 11-Jan-2012 16:10, velociraptor wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Shannon <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone here ever worked at Dahlgren Naval Base?
>>
>> Any thoughts about it or the area? Its east of Fredericksburg, VA. Naval
>> Surface Warfare mostly, Aegis and such.
>>
>> Looks like the local area is pretty sparse, though its not too far to
>> NOVA for things you need.
>>
> I interviewed with a company down there, and sub'd a security
> clearance app that never received any response.  Area is pretty cheap
> from what I understand. I didn't find the rural aspect to be
> off-putting, myself.  Job seemed interesting enough from what I got at
> the interview.

That's my main worry: nothing to do.

I don't mind driving a bit for non-standard shopping, but I am a little
worried that any living place in commute distance is going to rather boring.

I don't mind rural, but I do like having something to do.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-keys which had a name of 0x5936BC24.asc]