[geeks] USB wireless cards?

Barry Keeney barryk at chaoscon.com
Mon Aug 6 19:10:09 CDT 2012

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012, Jonathan Katz wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm trying to find a USB wireless card that takes an external
> antenna... and works with Ubuntu/Backtrack. Does anyone have
> experience here and one they recommend?

   Not sure if you want a high power card or not but I've got
one of these:

www.meritline.com/powerlink-wireless-150mbps-11n-adapter-5dbi-antenna---p-51479.aspx

   I've used it in a few of the computer classes (last one was a
network security class) Works great and it works great with other
external antennas.

Barry Keeney
Chaos Consulting
email barryk at chaoscon.com

"Atheist: A person who doesn't need imaginary friends"

"Rap is Square Dancing gone terribly, terribly Wrong...."

"MicroSoft Windows - Running our defences until they all bluescreen during the Cylon attack..."