[geeks] the virtualization project

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Fri Sep 9 03:44:42 CDT 2011

On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 00:17:01 -0400, Shannon <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Not having ZFS is politically stupid of the Linux camp, but they do have
> BRTFS which has a lot of the same features.

What is politically stupid? You can't add non-GPL code to the kernel.
Really, this isn't a choice or fault of Linux.

Also, not clear what bothers about Linux? Is it the GPL? If not that,
then surely it is a case of simply finding the correct minimalist
distro that packages software in a way that you prefer. Whilst it is
true that one can't run ZFS on Linux, there are plenty of RAID and
journalling filesystem choices and alternatives.

Cheers,
Jonathan
--
jjg: Jonathan J. Groll : groll co za