[geeks] Some ancient history to get lost in...

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed Nov 2 15:46:00 CDT 2011

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 12:38:08 -0400, Jonathan J. M. Katz wrote:
> I saw this posted elsewhere...
>
> http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/misc/horror.txt

I have a funny feeling that I read that ... or something very similar
close to when it first came out. Even recognise some of the .ac.uk
email addresses.

I'm pretty sure it's those stories of the problems of replacing
root's shell that explains why I never did that, although I always fire
up zsh. And why I always keep a spare root window open when doing
something ... that's saved me a number of times.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  sigmonster: core dumped