[geeks] Bug out bags, part II.

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 17:45:09 CST 2011

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Nemo <cym224 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > My point is that if you take medicines or need something on a recurring
> > basis, you should always have some with you.
>
> Yes --  I have 3-days supply in various locations.  (I have also taken
> the advice here http://www.getprepared.gc.ca/knw/kt/bas-eng.aspx .
> Presumably other gov'ts have similar advice.)
>
> The one thing lacking is a power-generator.  (We would only need to
> power the well pump and a few things in the house and barn.)

When I fly, particularly outside the USA, I take all my medicines in my
carry-on baggage.  If I travel by car, I enough for a couple of more days
than the trip is scheduled for.  In the USA, a pharmacy can call your
issuing pharmacy if there is not a branch at that locality and can issue the
prescriptions.  If there is a branch of your pharmacy in the area, they can
get the information from the computer (Walgrreen's, WalMart,CVS,etc.)