[geeks] FS: Dell Mini 10.1" netbook

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jun 29 13:40:43 CDT 2011

Finally pulled the trigger on a new refurb MacBook (Pro) to replace the
MacBook 13.3" I had to sell to pay bills after Amy's passing.

As a result, the netbook I just built up about a month and a half ago is
going to be up for grabs.

- Dell Inspiron Mini 1018, 10.1" black (bought as refurb from Dell Outlet)
  http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-mini1018/pd
  Single-core hyperthreading Atom N455 CPU, 1.6Ghz 64-bit
  2G RAM (upgraded from stock)
  Broadcom wireless card (upgraded)
  OCZ Onyx 30/32G SSD in place of factory HD
  Windows 7 installation/recovery DVD
  1366x768 screen installed in place of the 1024x600 one
        (will also include "old" LCD panel if you want)
  The keyboard *is* big enough to touch-type on.
  Timbuk2 "Small Fry" netbook case/bag w/strap, in blue/gray
        http://www.amazon.com/Timbuk2-Small-Fry-Laptop-Sleeve/dp/B002WC900A

I've got about $350 invested in it; will sell for $300 OBO + shipping (and
install Windows 7 or Ubuntu, your choice).  The only "gotcha" is that there
are some scratches on the glossy top cover (lid), as I covered it in a
carbon-fiber-look vinyl and then used an x-acto knife to trim everything to
fit.

Bill
--
Bill Bradford