[geeks] NTP on Windows

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Jun 21 06:23:05 CDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 06:42:46AM -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>Can anyone tell me if there's a decent NTP implementation for Windows
>(XP and newer) that integrates well with the Windows GUI?  I'm not
>looking to run the Cygwin ntpd, since that doesn't integrate well
>with the Windows GUI, nor am I looking for something like Tardis or
>W32Time, because they implement only SNTP, not the full NTP.  I'm
>looking for clock-slewing, not clock-stepping.

I'm not sure it has a gui, after all ntp does not really need one.

The instalation program does, and you can set it up with a few clicks and
the name of your preferred NTP server.

<http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm>

It will if you select the correct options, create a separate user for NTP,
install itself as a service and turn off the various built in (but not
very useful) NTP and time setting functions.

Geoff
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.